It's finally here. Football season has begun and we are so excited. BYU's first game was on Saturday and it was so much fun getting all dressed up in our football shirts, Ivy included! The game was awesome. Little bit of a rough start but we came out on top. against Ole Miss. as an independent team. yess. It's going to be a great season. College Football is so awesome.
Also, this is my first year to compete in Fantasy Football for NFL which is pretty exciting as well. Sam has done it the past few years with his brothers/wives and last year I got pretty into it with him so I decided to give it a shot this year. Although I don't have an excellent knowledge of which players are good or bad, last night were the drafts for both of our leagues and I think I have ok teams so far. We will just have to wait and see! For some reason, we get more and more excited every year for football season and I'm sure this year won't disappoint.
In other news, I finally did it. I weaned Ivy from breastfeeding. She hasn't really been a fan even since she was a newborn and I just got sick of fighting with her every day during feedings trying to get her to eat. I tried to hold out as long as I could but I think my milk supply started to diminish in the evening time and that made things even trickier. Then one night I supplemented a little after trying to breastfeed (because I could tell she was still hungry) and she slept til 5:45 in the morning from 10 pm!(then went back to sleep til 8 ish) Hallelujah! That's when I started thinking it might be a good idea to just switch over altogether. I'm still pumping a little until my milk goes down but other than that, we are to formula now. Ivy doesn't seem to care which it is as long as it's in a bottle and not me haha. Oh well. She is close to 4 months now so I didnt think it was that big of a deal. Baby is happier, Mommy is happier, and I don't regret it one bit. :) Let's hope this little girl starts to chunk up a little! She's not anywhere near fitting into her 3-6 month clothes yet...


6 comments:
Woo hoo for the cougs! And congrats on weaning. You do what you got to do, right! Nursing was rough for our first month but now he nurses like a champ. Every baby is sooo different! My niece hated nursing and after 3 months, they went to formula and it totally changed their relationship! Whatever works for these crazy babies!
See....you know your baby....you are a good mom. Do what is best for the both of you. I bet she starts putting on the pounds. She is so cute!!
You are a really good mom Kathryn!
I am proud of you for doing what is best for both of you. Ivy got a great start with 3 months of breast milk. I miss you guys! Kisses to Ivy (and she looks adorable in that BYU T-shirt :)
I hated nursing and so did Zaylie, so I'm right there with you!!! We would both get so frustrated that it wasn't even a bonding experience like it is said to be! Good luck with formula and the chunking up!
i've always thought that was the trick...do what works for you and your baby and you will both be soo happy. no need to force something on her. nursing is great and i totally get the benefits and believe in it...but there is no such thing as not being as good a mom just because you do formula or got an epidural or use a binky or or or :)
So cute! Loving the BYU outfit. I can't wait until we get to meet her someday!
Post a Comment