If you haven't already heard of this cooking website, I highly recommend it. (Just click on the cookbook and it will take you to their page). These two girls, Kate and Sara, decided to start a blog together a few years back of recipes they come up with and lately they have gotten pretty popular. Their recipes are fairly easy and usually always include ingredients that you either already have in your house, or aren't hard to find at the store.. And most importantly, are ALWAYS yummy!
Anyways, they just recently published their own cookbook and were coming out to SLC for some book launch events and signings, including a cooking demonstration at Orson Gygi. They held drawings on their website and through Deseret Books facebook page for tickets. I entered into both, not expecting much... when lo and behold, someone from Deseret Books messaged me and said I was a winner! Woohoo!! I never win anything so it was pretty exciting. So the event was held last Friday and I had a ticket for myself and a friend. My friend Jennifer was able to go with me and we had a blast!! They did some cooking demonstrations of a few things from the book, then we were able to get cookbooks signed afterwards. These girls were super fun and actually pretty hilarious. and their recipes are soo yummy! If you haven't gone out and bought your own copy of the book yet (sold at Deseret Book, Barnes and Noble, or Amazon.com), DO IT! In the book, they included some favorite recipes from their site, along with a ton of originals that they have never posted before.. I can't wait to get cookin'! :)
With Kate and Sara while they sign our books:
Just a couple of my favorite recipes so far include these (click on the picture to go to the recipe):
Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Cadbury Egg Cookies


1 comment:
That is really cool! When I saw thier cookbook in a magazine from Deseret Books...I was thinking this must be the same people who do the website. I have been to their website a few times. They do have good recipes!
Post a Comment