Friday, December 10, 2010

Guess we better start buying PINK! :)

Yesterday we had an early ultrasound and found out that IT'S A GIRL! We are soo excited! I looove knowing what SHE is now. hehe.. haven't picked out her name yet but we have a few ideas in mind... however, we would totally love any suggestions any of you might have. names you like or think are cute (and aren't going to use for yourself of course).. we would love to hear some more ideas so let us know what you think!

Since I haven't posted ANY info on the pregnancy, here are some little tidbits on how things are going so far...(btw Hollijo, I loved the facts list that you came up with so i'm using it hehe, thanks!)...
16 Weeks (taken on Sunday. I'm now almost 17 weeks):
Sick? I was super surprised that i didn't get deathly ill during the first trimester. i always thought i would die when i got pregnant lol.. I just felt kinda nauseous and threw up a few times but not very often at all. However, i did get HORRIBLE headaches at the end of the first tri and into the second. my sisters say they get them too so I guess its normal haha.. and luckily those are gone now also. :)
Total weight gain? probably about 7 lbs give or take.. yikes! and so far i feel like it is alllllll going to my love-handles. grrreat.
Cravings? Chocolate!! for a while i just wanted the cheap candy stuff, like Milkyways and Musketeers (which i don't normally like) but now i'm more craving just anything sugary in general. the other morning i HAD to have cinnamon rolls and lately all i can think about are strawberry cream cheese crepes. guess i better get some soon.. dont worry tho, i've still been trying to eat fairly healthy. gotta get those fruits and veggies in..
Gender? GIRL!! woo!! we cheated and had an early ultrasound because otherwise, we would've had to wait all the way til after Christmas break. that would have been hard.
Maternity clothes? so far, haven't needed any.. I have some shirts that are loose around the belly that i can surely still wear for a while.. as for jeans, the kind i have are pretty stretchy and low wasted so i think i can still wear them for at least a month or two more..
Crazy weird things? during my first tri, and sort of now, i have become a night person. i feel waaay tired in the afternoons but in the late evenings, i just want to stay up forever lol not sure why.. one other thing is i cannot believe how often i am hungry! i wasn't really a big eater to begin with so this was/is a hard adjustment for me. i mean seriously.. i'll eat a big lunch or dinner, then be hungry again like and hour or two later. its crazy.
Coolest thing? seeing her move around during the ultrasound. she would make the funniest poses. and the technician said she had buff biceps and a big nose haha. joy. i'm sure she will still change a lot but it was pretty funny.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Don't get me wrong...you are cute as a button...but WOW you have popped out since Thanksgiving!!

Congrats - you will be a great Mom!

Katie said...

Sweet!! Congrats to you and Sam!

Sheila said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! All these girls! HOW FUN!! I love it, Lillian is going to have close girl cousins on both sides now!!

Congrats you guys!

The Theobalds said...

About time I get a preggo blog update! I am so happy for you I can not even describe! Our daughters are either going to be best friends or my son is going to mac on your daughter :) Love you!

the Smiths said...

Yay so exciting! Little girl are so fun to dress up. Glad you are feeling good!

Kari said...

Cute update sis! I'm so excited for us to have girl cousins close together! Can't wait to see you soon!! Love you!!

Jessica said...

Yay! Congrats Kat! Girls are so much fun to shop for!! Cant wait to add one to our collection!! Good Luck! Ps. You look awesome for how far along you are!

HolliJo said...

YAY! I'm so excited that we're both having girls! They are going to be SOO fun! And you look great! Love the update :)

Sarra said...

I'd make cinnamon rolls and strawberry cream cheese crepes for you if I was there!
Glad it's going well for you!